Productive Systems are continually increasing in size. To ensure the availability of current and valid test data, extensive logistical, technical and organizational effort is needed to build and maintain Test- and Development systems.
Owing to the amount of database space and “down-time” needed for a productive system copy, the possibilities for setup and maintenance of non-productive test systems are very limited. As a result of this, data in a non-productive system may not match your productive data. However, only test-systems with current and consistent data which closely resemble the relevant production system, allow you to prove and test changes before implementation in Production. This form of data consistency also ensures efficient development, optimal quality assurance and successful training and thereby helps to reduce project costs.
SAP Test Data Migration Server ensures that:
- Actual data can always be copied directly from your production System
- Customer development quality is increased as early testing with current Data can be performed
- Rapid setup of systems can be carried out using up-to-date migration technologies
- Non-productive Systems are immediately available, as critical administrative data (e.g. Users, Authorization, Interfaces, RFC-Connections) no longer need to be manually adjusted after a copy.
- Individual Scrambling of Data to comply with legal requirements or fulfill your internal company requirements for non-productive Systems can be executed
- Setup of optional Systems in your landscape for Non-productive usage (e.g. Test-, Project- or Development Systems) is possible with reasonable effort
- Copy of a single business process from production for testing or error analysis is possible
DECON-IT recommends SAP Test Data Migration Server usage
Our Consulting Services for TDMS are:
- SAP TDMS Project Implementations
- Setup and maintenance of your TDMS landscape
- On demand TDMS Services (e.g. regular TDMS runs)
- Enhancement of standard SAP TDMS functionality (e.g. include customer tables into the reduction)
- Complete development of customer specific TDMS functionality
- Design and implementation of Scrambling Rules
- Adjustment of standard Process scenarios or creation of customer specific process scenarios